THE FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH OF BARTOW, FL
FUMC Bartow was first established in 1867, when the Rev. William C. Jordan rode in on the Methodist circuit and began to shepherd the congregation. With 20 acres of land and no building, the congregation decided to start selling quarter-acre lots to raise enough capital to construct a chapel and a small wooden parsonage next door. In the late 1950s, attendance swelled to just over 800. Today, we celebrate FUMC Bartow's rich one hundred and fifty year history and thriving, connectional community by continuing to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Copyright First United Methodist Church of Bartow, FL. All rights reserved.